Wednesday, January 11, 2012

journo.


I know that I'm still in the training stages of my work, but I really do love what I get to do.

For the next six weeks, I will be working in the Ryerson newsroom, writing, managing and producing print, tv and online content for The Ryersonian.

The first three weeks of the course will be spent as an editor of arts and life, entertainment all going on in the Ryerson community - if you know something interesting or want me to add an event to our calendar, please contact me!

Our first story meeting today went very well, and I'm very excited to work with the strong group of people in my section, and read/watch stories about some really interesting students that are impacting not only campus, but also Toronto.

It's going to be a busy stint, but so far hasn't felt like work. Before you roll your eyes and tell me "it's only the first week Portia...of course nothing has been produced" (though I will admit that it's true), it feels really good when you know you're meant to do something.

This week has not felt like work. Even with the time difference standing against me (I'm back on Toronto time finally), I'm still so excited to get up in the morning to collaborate and work at school each day.

Whether it's running to get the phone, the brainstorming sessions, the creative liberty - it is all a part of what keeps things interesting, stressful at times, but overall, my homework is awesome.

Must remember this at the 2 A.M. editing sessions. This is all worth something. I'm hoping to keep that spark all year around.

That all being said, never fear, I will be trying to post on the blogette as much as possible during my time working at Ryerson and at my internship. If I'm absent for a few days, now you know!

Have a great week - remember, the weekend is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment