Monday, January 2, 2012

fringe.

Happy New Year!

There's something that I really like about fresh starts. All our slates are (almost) wiped clean, and the world appears to be your oyster yet again.

I don't have a proper resolution list, but I do have some things that I want to do (see The List tab) in the next few months. I'm hoping to fulfill them all before the end of school in April.

However, I am on a kick that the fashion-conscious may enjoy. My current goal is to shop for good quality clothes for the perfect working girl wardrobe, invest in statement and classic pieces, and not wear black as much.

For starters, I have ordered an exquisite bag/clutch and a simple skull bracelet from Asos . After fighting with myself whether or not to buy a Alexander McQueen knockoff clutch before Christmas, I've been lusting over finding clutch that adds some "za za zoo" to an outfit.

(*Disclaimer - I may or may not have been watching too much of the Rachel Zoe Project...)

Oversize clutch.
I'm thinking about doing some outfit posts for the new year,
so keep posted too see how I style this (can't wait to get this package in the mail!)

Here are my other picks of trends and pieces I'm lusting over for January:

Ladylike shoes, particularly in sapphire blue.
These are from Kate Spade (I die). I believe Aldo Shoes also has an affordable pair.

OPI nail polish "Rainbow Connection" from their Muppets line.
I never, ever thought I would anything related to those characters, but at my pedicure appointment today, I knew I wasn't leaving the salon without it on my nails.


Exquisite stud earrings.
This pair is under $25 on Bauble Bar's website (make sure to jump on the waiting list!)


Flapper-inspired dresses.
I think that everything inspired from the 1920's is going to make a roaring comeback, especially thanks to the style of Marion Cotillard's character in Midnight in Paris.
Think drop waists, sparkle and fringe.
My advice would be to continually check H&M and Forever21 in their party dress sections.



I'll be keeping my eye open for items like these to spruce up the wardrobe off-and-on work time - can't wait to dig through some of the vintage shops that have many, many rhinestones, but the odd diamond in the rough.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment