Sunday, January 22, 2012

why.


This past week has been really eye-opening.

I have learned a lot about different people, how to balance work and play (something that has taken me forever to understand) and finally figure out some things about the future.

I feel like the question everyone is asking, blogging and wondering is "What are you doing when you graduate?"

There are some who have plans laid out well in advance. There are others that are riding with the wind to see where they blow to. Others are taking time to travel. Some are staying right where they are.

As scary as it is, I have decided that today is the day. I'm going to wake up everyday and treat it like my birthday.

Say what Portia?

Think about it. On your birthday, you are invincible. You can do anything you want, reach higher than ever before, dream bigger and say things with hesitation. We have the safety net of "it's my birthday."

Why do we lose that all those other days. Shouldn't we treat each day like we can change the world, indulge in our favourite things and seek something new and interesting. Why does this have to be reserved to only one day a year?

Why can't life be one giant birthday?

I'm so excited for tomorrow now.

Just a thought.

PS I'm going to try this out. Maybe I'm crazy, but the crazy ones learn from mistakes, or learn from success.

I may have to add a few more workouts in there though to compensate for the birthday cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment