Tuesday, November 22, 2011

titanic.

My first music album I ever got was, no joke, the Titanic soundtrack. I used to play it on repeat in my lime green boom box, and dance overly-dramatic solos to "My Heart Will Go On" for my friends in impromptu shows. We were all dancers, thank goodness.

The Titanic obsession didn't end there. In early elementary school, one of my first book reports was done on fictional novel about a girl on the Titanic.

A few years ago, I was in Victoria, British Columbia, and visited the Titanic exhibit at one of the museums as it was passing through. That's when the realness of the entire ship really hit me - especially getting to smell the vials of perfume recovered from the bottom of the ocean, and almost touch the glassware first-class passengers used.

Needless to say, when I found out that the movie is going to be released in 3D in April, I was beyond excited. What a cool way to re-introduce such an important movie in popular culture to a generation that was too young to see it in theatres. I think the visual impact of it is going to be so much more real, based on the size of the shots and effects.


Check out the new trailer here:


I know it's five months away, but I'm already excited. I've pulled out that old album (buried deep in my iTunes library) and it has all become new music again.

No comments:

Post a Comment