Monday, November 7, 2011

evidence.

Isn't it interesting how on some of the best days, we have very little photo evidence?

There are some exceptions - I would say that my grade 12 prom was one of my favourite nights that I spent with my friends and family, especially now that we're literally all over the world. Like many other girls, I have easily two or three album's worth of Facebook pictures that I love.

But what about the days that were amazing that we can only recreate with our words?

When I'm at concerts or seeing something interesting, most of the time the people around me are shoving cameras up in the hopes of getting "that shot". I have to argue that you are actually losing out in the experience or what you are witnessing because you are too worried about getting that picture to show off.

Saying that, I'm usually the one that has her phone out taking pictures at an event. However, I think there's a balance that you can have in doing this. It's fun and important to have pictures, especially of special (and just normal) occasions, but I think that the truly best days are the ones we have so little evidence of, because we are genuinely enjoying ourselves.

This weekend, two of my girlfriends and I had what can be described as the perfect Saturday afternoon. We talked, went out to lunch, shopped a little, and enjoyed the nice weather Toronto has been giving us. Nothing out of the ordinary for a weekend, but it was so special to take the time out our busy schedules to just live in those moments. As a result, we only have one picture from that afternoon, and I'm just fine with that.

"Make sure to always have a bottle of champagne in the fridge
for special occasions. Sometimes those special occasions
are that you have bottle of champagne in the fridge."


No comments:

Post a Comment