Monday, November 14, 2011

calligraffiti.

Want to know a secret?

I used to (and still am) a huge calligraphy buff. I even joined the calligraphy club in middle school that was led by my French teacher, Mrs. Divine. The sandy-haired woman had these perfect speckles that sat at the end of her nose and Effiel Tower and other French paraphernalia around her classroom, complete with customized calligraphy name tags.

At the time, I thought that the perfect French lady would know how sip a strong espresso, wear black dresses like a tee shirt and jeans, and write notecards in perfect handwriting and calligraphy.

Mrs. Divine made me love calligraphy and French - I'm still try to hold onto that little bit of wonder and appreciation for this old art, especially for her.

I haven't gotten to France yet, but am still working on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment