Thursday, November 10, 2011

things.

Have you ever caught those little moments just by chance?

Drawing open my living room curtains this morning revealed a man in the parking lot across the street throwing bread crumbs for the bird.

Looking up after a loud sound in a coffee shop, I saw an old woman being pushed in a wheelchair down Front Street in Toronto. She was holding a little dog, and leaned over to give it a kiss.

In the line to pick up books from the library, someone got a text in front me and had their phone out obliviously far enough for people behind to read the "I love you" message.

When life gets busy, I try my hardest to remember those moments. Yes, this essay that I'm writing about Morocco is pivotal for my mark (and actually fun to research, believe it or not)...but the most important thing in the world are the small details of life.

Keeping that close to heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment