Sunday, November 13, 2011

erin.

When thinking about my favourite designers and pieces season after season, I find that I gravitate to two extremes. It's either a passionate love to look like an extra from Saturday Night Fever with bright colours, platforms, airy shirts and my mini-fro or tough-meets-chic with a leather jacket, lots of fringe and combat boots.

With my fashion icon being Sophia Loren, who always looks stunning in perfectly cut pieces, dark smokey eyes and perfect hair...I sometimes turn to playing a new character every morning when I wake up and get ready for the day.

However, this season I'm leaning in another direction, a more feminine, but still interesting style a la Erin Fetherston. The characters she creates with her designers is the posh, classic with a twist girl, reminiscent of my other fashion icon, Carrie Bradshaw.
I like to look classic, but having that one standout piece can really make a look memorable (flower broaches, the Carrie necklace, the watermelon dress) - and just adds an element of more fun to each day.

I'm also passionate about designing and creating atmospheres and spaces to entertain/live in. Looking to the future, I know my life is going to inevitably be changing in the next few months due to school, work and life, and the aspect of moving is coming up.

For space and apartment inspirations, I'm looking at Erin Fetherston's gorgeous place for inspiration. Simple, classic, a little kooky and filed with unique details that really make the space, like the candles hanging over her dining room table.




No comments:

Post a Comment