Friday, September 20, 2013

instagram2.

This past July I posted an entry about my "must follow" accounts on the photo-sharing network Instagram.

Like my work life - I like to aim big, go big and reach out to as far as I can. The amazing thing about social media, is that you can directly interact with several big names in whatever industry you're interested in. 

I featured four accounts in that post who have caught my eye - never did I expect three out of the four of them to reply, retweet and share my post.  Big thanks to The Store on Queen ladies, Jillian Harris and Coach Bleecker Women for the support! 

I had several readers reach out and ask me to do series of "Must Follow" accounts - without further ado, here's Part 2! 


I have been following Caitlin's blog, Style Within Reach, and her work on The Glitter Guide for a whole now. I love her tangible, lively photos on Instagram. Unlike many staged posts, hers never seem "stiff".
Highlight: Her posts from New York Fashion Week captured some of the best details off the runway. The centre photo (above) is a piece seen at the Cynthia Rowley show. 



Yes, Instagram is all about food photos, so it's no wonder Bon Appetit Magazine's collection has some of the best. My personal favourites are shot inside the Test Kitchen, and their mini how-to videos are some of the best I've seen. 



Travel shots, bright colours and a touch of classic style? Julia Dzafic, your Instagram photos make my heart go pitter-patter! I especially love how genuine Julia's beauty shots are - in an age where selfies and head shots are uber-posed, Julia's megawatt smile certainly appears organic and real. 



I have probably "liked" roughly 90 per cent of Vancouver-based wedding planner Jessica Minnie's Instagram photos. It looks like she's had a busy summer travelling around B.C. to make wedding days come to life - I particularly love all her detail and live shots throughout these evenings. Thanks for a summer of lovely shots Jessica! 


There you go - these are my top four Instagram accounts for September. 

I'm always on the hunt for interesting, new and fresh feeds to follow. Let me know your favourites on Instagram (@PortiaFavro). 

Until next month...have a great weekend! 

All photos via the Instagram users. I don't own any of the photos from this post - just the writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment