Thursday, September 5, 2013

goals.

This post is inspired by a little lady I like to call Ty. We met about five years ago in journalism class, and has been one of many friendships that prove age is just a number.

Even though I was graduating high school just as she was starting her term, we bonded and have been connected via social media and through the blogosphere. 

After reading her latest blog post, on Ty Peace n Love, I was inspired to take on same the challenge she did - confirming can creating your goals.

This couldn't have come at a better time, with my move to Vancouver. 

Do it now: write down two personal, two career and two health goals for the next one, five and 10 years. 
Do this four times a year. 
Goal setting triggers your subconscious computer
- Lululemon Manifesto. 

Okay...so without further ado, here are the goals. 

1 Year Goals - 2014 
Personal: 1. Buy the domain and create PortiaFavro.com, integrating this blog into it 2. Learn to really salsa dance. 
Health: 1. Continue dancing, swimming and exercising five days per week. 2. Work with a personal trainer one on one to learn what I'm doing right and wrong for my body 
Career: 1. Enroll, study and complete HootSuite University to keep my skills sharp. 2. Continue working, training and performing with the Army of Sass in Vancouver and the Okanagan

5 Year Goals - 2018 
Personal: 1. Compete in a ballroom dance competition 2. Visit Europe and go on epic tour of art, dance and food. 
Health: 1. Sign up and train for a triathalon or a tri by tri. 2.Continue dancing, teaching and training as much as possible (in my heels, of course).  
Career: 1. Covered the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games on the ground. 2. Be teaching regularly with a dance studio, company and/or production group. 

10 Year Goals - 2023 
Personal: 1. Own a vacation property somewhere in the world. 2. Get a dog. 
Health: 1. Swim the English Channel or the Escape from Alcatraz swim 2. Be able to do a handstand during my yoga practice. 
Career: 1. Supporting myself completely on my social media, writing and blogging work. Maybe even have my own company, if the time is right. 2. Have covered the 2020 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in whatever city it will be in (we'll find out this Saturday!) and/or Fifa World Soccer Cup. 

Whew...there we go. 

Can I do it? 

I'm going to be positive - yes. 

2014, you're first. Let's go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment