Wednesday, September 4, 2013

busy.

When I first moved to Toronto, I remember having a lot of time on my hands. 

Yes, I was starting university and getting over that first hump of living away from home, making new friends and creating an entirely new life for myself. 

I really struggled in those first few months, and almost left Toronto. 

This time around, my move to Vancouver has been anything but slow. I have immediately been thrown into dance classes, workshops and meeting with interesting contacts within the city. 

It's not better, it's not worst, it's just different. 

Over the last few years, I've learned that I actually work the best when I have way too much on my plate. You know the saying, "if you want it done, give it to a busy person?" - that's me. 

I hate the glorification of "busy" (and trust me, I know some extremely busy people in all the industries I've crossed paths in), but I enjoy the process of setting and reaching goals. 

But that's life, you live, you learn. I'm taking what my last couple of moves have taught me and applying it to my current status. 

So far, so good. 

Happy Wednesday! Enjoy your shortened workweek. 



No comments:

Post a Comment