Tuesday, August 13, 2013

sass.

Life is funny. 

One day, you're following your chosen path, interacting and meeting new people and generally enjoying the ride. 

Sometimes you take a risk, jump off the edge and try something new, just for fun. 

Sometimes that "just for fun" activity actually turns into something bigger in your life. 

Last night after a sweaty and packed dance workshop in Penticton, B.C., I sat next to my friend from high school who will be running a program I have been working with in Toronto over the last two years. 

Across from me was my artistic director from T Dot going through teacher training with the Okanagan team, and to her side was one of my new contacts and client from Vancouver. 

Literally, my three worlds were all together sitting at one table, bonding over what we are all most passionate about - dance. 

There is no competition, no cattiness. Just support. We are here to build each other up as performers and communities, while also having a bit of fun. 

I'm absolutely over the moon to be a part of the Army of Sass Performance and Training Group teaching in Vancouver, and assisting with the Kelowna and Penticton groups. To all my Toronto students and peers, I miss you dearly, and know you are always welcome to visit! 

We will leave no good woman left behind...want to join the Army of Sass? Check out all the details here, and see you in the studio! 


No comments:

Post a Comment