Wednesday, August 14, 2013

graves.

One thing you might not know about me...I used to review music, hardcore.

It started during the summer of 2010 when I replied to a Craigslist ad looking for writers. What happened next was two years of reviewing live shows, EP's, interviewing bands and generally, living out my Almost Famous dream.

After a few years and an upcoming internship, university graduation and other opportunities, I had to let my music journalist career go.

Do I miss it? Absolutely. Would I go back? Maybe.

It's changed, I learned a lot about music, and I am thoroughly enjoying being in the audience at a show and not taking notes throughout it.

My good friend Emma posted this video on her blog a few months ago, and I remember it really hitting me when I first watched it. I have met countless band guys like Shakey Graves, but he takes the cake. His story at the beginning of this video is just, fantastic.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment