Sunday, July 28, 2013

top5.

These summer days are just flying by on me - I can't believe the first of August is coming up this week. 

I've had some fantastic opportunities to take advantage of both a B.C. and Toronto summer, and it's still not over. My biggest goal is to see, do, eat and explore as much as possible before fall. 

Appropriately, I have themed this month's Top 5 list around this warm weather. 

Read it, take notes and then get outside and enjoy that sunshine! 

Songza. 

I'm obsessed with Songza. This "music concierge website finds the perfect playlist based on the time of day, activity and your personal preference of music. 

With guest curators, the best of the summer and HBO Girls-themed playlists (Marnie's is my personal favourite), Songza is guaranteed to give you the best music of the season. 

The Painted Girls. 

I kicked off my summer reading list with Canadian author Cathy Marie Buchanan's "The Painted Girls
Inspired by the Degas's Little Dancer Aged 14 (pictured above), Buchanan paints an incredible story about three sisters, the Paris Opera and one of the era's most famous criminal trials. 

If you like historical fiction a la The Other Boelyn Girl, this is a like-minded, well-researched and indulgent read. 

Caravan Farm Theatre 

Nestled in Armstrong, B.C., the group of players at the Caravan Farm Theatre puts on outdoor shows in both the summer and winter. 

Don't be fooled by its location - several of this season's actors have major credits, including work at the Stratford Festival and for Cirque du Soleil. They're performing "Head Over Heels" (a modern interpretation of Shakespeare's "The Twelfth Night" until August 25.

Beyonce 

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Queen Bey. Her Mrs. Carter tour is coming to Vancouver this November. I got my fingers and toes crossed I can stumble upon some tickets.

London 2012 

A year ago this past Saturday, July 27, the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics kicked off one of the best times of my life. I can't believe how much time has passed since the Games - can't wait to see what's to come on social media for Sochi 2014 and Rio 2016! 

No comments:

Post a Comment