Friday, July 26, 2013

instagram.

Hello, my name is Portia Favro and I am an Instagram addict.

When I started using the popular photo-sharing application in 2011, it was solely to make my photos more interesting with the filters. It was free, easy to use and immediately changed the way I took photos.

Two years later, it's one of my essential networks for both personal and business use. I urge many of my clients to use Instagram, or at least be aware of its impact.

Like many of the big social media networks, there are a plethora of users. For most of the general population, the feeds include blurry pictures, some odd hashtags and a fair deal of food photos (which is never a bad thing!)

However, I think there are a handful of brands and users who are creating some incredible content on the application that hardly get noticed. So I've decided to feature my favourite Instagram accounts/users every month - these may be feeds that personal, professional or brand-focused, but are always inspiring and full of major eye candy.

Without further ado, here are my "must follow"accounts on Instagram. These guys and gals are doing it right!


Remember this Bachelorette? Jillian Harris is a true B.C. gal, and her Instagram fed truly reflects that. I love her healthy mix of design, food and personal photos from across the province/country! Her smile is infectious, and I truly feel that she takes the time to plan out and execute great content. 

I met Angela and Vava after they came to see a show I was performing in Toronto. We've run into each other at events in the city, and of course, at their divine boutique, The Store On Queen. These ladies are so passionate about their brand and their strong friendship, which is reflected through their feed. Their daily outfit posts are always full of life, colour and of course, lots of sass. I'm missing TSOQ! 


As another blogger put it - these are the best sketches, ever. I think I may have "liked" every single post since I've started following, no joke. 


The pictures from the desk of the Coach Women's Legacy store on Bleecker Street in New York City are just, awesome. These shots are real, and even though the lighting, colour, etc., isn't always perfect, it doesn't matter. It humanizes the brand/feed and bring the streets of NYC (one of my favourite places in the world) to the palm of your hand daily. 


There you have it - my top four Instagram accounts of the month.

I'm anxious to hear what your favourite feeds are on Instagram. Let me know on Instagram (@PortiaFavro), and I'll feature my favourites next month. 

Happy Friday! 

All photos via the Instagram users. I don't own any of the photos from this post - just the writing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment