Sunday, July 21, 2013

sorbet.

Upon some highly scientific research this morning (scrolling through Twitter mostly), I have found out that it is actually National Ice Cream Day! 

Depending on where you are living this summer, late July is notoriously one of the hottest times of the year. 

Personally, when I think about ice cream, I immediately think of milk. Hot milk in the summertime just makes me think of this scene from Anchorman. 

Never fear! I've decided this is a great opportunity to get creative. Let's make sorbet! 

I posted a photo of my sorbet creation on my Instagram feed last night, and immediately, one of my friends posted that she needed the recipe. 

Without further ado, here's my easy, peasey recipe for my mango and strawberry sorbet. 

Ingredients: 
One cup of fruit - I recommend half a cup frozen and the other half cup not. 
The juice of a lemon 
The juice of a lime 

Optional: Agave nectar 
Optional: One banana 

Put all ingredients into a small blender and mix. I recommend using a Magic Bullet or personal hand mixer to create smaller amounts. Blend until smooth and there are no more chunks (at all!) of frozen fruit. 

Options: 
If it's still a little tart, add one teaspoon or Agave nectar or sugar

If you want your sorbet a big creamier, add a banana 

Enjoy! I put my sorbet in the freezer for about 15 minutes to let it set. Can be stored easily in a freezer in Tupperware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment