Friday, February 10, 2012

vanity.

I did a story about this last week, but I'm still obsessed with old school Hollywood glamour and seeing little hints of it pop back up into our modern society.

Below is the video of the behind-the-scenes of the cover shoot for Vanity Fair's annual Hollywood Issue.
I'm really loving anything and everything retro as of late.

I had the pleasure of seeing the Love Letter's Cabaret at Lula Lounge last night, which was a complete revival of old entertainment shows.

Think of classic movies with dancers, Peggy Lee singing, feather boas and lots of champagne.

Choreographer Pastel Supernova and her cast (of some lovely ladies I know) were exquisite. I can't wait for the next show.

Today has been a taxing day. I learned a lot about some people around me, and after a few moments of careful thinking (and a few deep breaths) came back to what my mother used to say.

It's the Thumper rule: "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."

Wise words. It's something I think many need to take note of - myself included.

Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment