Friday, February 24, 2012

spontaneity.


As much as I like the carefree and spontaneous nature of my life (and I have to be, I'm a journalist), there's a part of me that will always love routine, repetition and the comfort of what's coming next.

One small way I can maintain and have control over at least one aspect of my life is knowing where to go for certain things. The wonderful thing about living in a metropolitan city like Toronto is you can be out walking at any hour of the day or night, and the coffee shops are still full of people working, the bars are busy with young and old partiers, and you get ice cream at 10PM just because you feel like it.

One of my girlfriends and I have our religious date. Some may think it's boring, but for us, it's perfect. We have a token restaurant we both love (and I don't get to enough), and end up hours-long conversations about everything over soba noodles.

Our apartments are steady. In a time when I know I'll be moving out of what's been my home for the past few years, I can really see how this little place has grown up with me, and I think I'll miss these lime green walls.

On Monday, I'm starting the last half of my semester working at CTV's Canada AM as an intern. I tested the travel route today, and it's interested to see how this will now be my new constant. Right now, it's the eve again. The eve on the unknown.

Who knows what's going to happen? I'm willing to try. It's the spontaneity that keeps us alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment