Monday, December 26, 2011

journey.


Merry Christmas and (almost) Happy New Year! I hope that you all enjoyed lots of time with family and friends this holiday season.

2011 has been an amazing year full of opportunities in both dance and journalism; I'm hoping for the same in 2012!

Upon my return to Toronto I will be starting work in the Ryerson newsroom and then interning at CTV's Canada AM for my practicum placement. I'll still be running the social media for McClung's Magazine, and it will continue to have constant updates about the issue through the semester (check for the winter issue coming out in January!) I'll be graduating from the journalism program this June - needless to say, I'm excited!

In the dance world, I have completed six contemporary solo and duet pieces for dancers at Reflections Dance Studio and they will compete across western Canada in cities such as Vancouver and Calgary this spring. My open choreography/music theatre piece for Kelowna Secondary School's dance team will also be travelling to perform and compete in the Lower Mainland and the Okanagan in the coming semester.

Thank you to so many of my friends and who have believed in me and my vision (whether it be for something dance or journalism) and supporting me through this journey.

As I stand on the edge of my next chapter, I owe so much to those who support the dreamers. I couldn't do this without you.

Stay posted for updates about journalism, dance, life and everything in-between here and on my Twitter (@PortiaLoretta) for the coming year - this is only the beginning!

(PS here's another sneak peak of one of my dancers...beautiful lines!)

No comments:

Post a Comment