Saturday, December 3, 2011

housewife.





So I had a little bit of a different Friday night than usual - last week our photo essay for McClung's Magazine fell through and I was asked to take on the new editorial shoot.

After brainstorming and pulling inspiration from all over for the past week, I expanded on our original idea, which was to satirize 1950's housewives. We found a text online with all the "rules" for women to follow to be a good wife and mother, and decided to do a tongue-in-cheek version of each.

Once I had my gorgeous models on board (all journalism girls who stepped right up to the plate to help a fellow comrade) we met and I went to work styling, teasing and curling hair, and painting cat eye black liner on everyone.

One of the girls I had was a splitting image of Billie Holiday, so I accessorized with a giant flower, pearls and ruby red lips. Another, had the tickets hair that we pulled, hairspray-ed, and texturized to pieces.

I love my job. The photos turned out beautifully, and I'll be making my McClung's model appearance for the third year in a row as well!

Make sure to check out the magazine December 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment