Saturday, November 13, 2010

signature.

The more I study art, the more I learn. If you're not interested in history classes, definitely look into art history, because having visual to look at and compare, think and theorize about is awesome. After studying some of my favourite artists (Vermeer, Monet, Warhol, Pollack, oh my!) I'm starting to see their signatures throughout their work. Of course, this continuity need to be seen for an artist of any kind to have an image and reputation, and it got me thinking about beauty in relation to art. Technically, painting with makeup is art, especially with the theatrical ensembles that we see today.

So here's some secrets, some thoughts and another how-to, courtesy of my art history class.

Frist, I really think that every woman should have a signature. It can be your hair, your lips, sharp cheekbones, whatever - you know your features best. Take your favourite and emphasize it. Even if you're just heading to the library, you can pull your hair up in a messy bun, highlight your feature, you just feel good.

Like they say, the eyes are the windows to your soul. My mother blessed me with her eyes, which I love to play up at every chance I get. Even though I'm writing an essay today, there is no reason why you still can't look like a bombshell by accenting your eyes.

First, a few icons. Personally, I think that Diana Argon from the show Gleeis the new "eyes" girl of the decade. She's gorgeous!


How To Highlight Your Eyes
1. You have 10 minutes to get ready. Powder your face, including your eyes.

2. Sweep a light, shimmery eyeshadow, not too pale, not too dark, (I like Bare Essentials "Vanilla Sugar") across your eyelids.

3. Grab a black eyeliner. It does not have to be expensive. Draw a careful line from your inner eyelid and flip it out at the ends for a "cat eye" look. This might take you a minute, but with practice everyday, you'll be able to do this in about minute flat soon enough!

4. Have a good mascara. I swear by Covergirl's Volume mascara, which is in an orange tube. Two coats on your top lashes and one on your lower and you're set.

5. Smize (to steal from Tyra). There's nothing more alluring than that flick of beautiful eyes. Play up your natural beauty, but with a couple tricks you'll have heads turning on the street.

There you go! I'm hoping to highlight so many of the beautiful women I know with their features, so if you're interested, please contact me (or I might contact you!) Enjoy and happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment