Thursday, November 18, 2010

l'hiver.

So the reports from home are that the first snow has fallen. I'm so happy to be in Toronto right now!

I'm hitting that phase of the cold winter wardrobe again...in the summer I have my uniform: shorts, tank tops, dresses. In the winter, I forget that I always revert back to my classic look: dark jeans tucked into boots, some interview-esque top and my trusty leather jacket. Seriously, that jacket is my baby but as much as I love the more artistic and high-fashion outfits we can play with, it can be a bit much (even by my standards, where conservative is a swear word, wink to Bri) to wear some things to just class. So what's a girl to do?

Current Lookbook.nu obsessions:

I'm challenging myself to include that one interesting piece within each of my outfits to perk things up. We can still have our trusty outfits, but throwing in that eclectic item really makes fashion special.
Note: Opaque tights with shorts. Such a clean, classic line.
Note: Day clutch. If you know me, I've been on the hunt for the perfect clutch since the summer. This magenta one if to die for.
Note: Again, shorts but that little shrug with the detail is fantastic. Taking the shorts and putting even a nude pair of tights with it may work as well.

I've always been a detail girl, and love a classic outfit with that one twist. Tomorrow's challenge? I'm going to try the tucked-under braid in the pictures below. Included are some of my other lusts.



Will I make this work or fail miserably? I'll keep you all updated and let me know what you try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment