Saturday, November 27, 2010

running.


Every time it happens, I look past my peers, and in a total cliche wonder, "Is it really over?"

I've felt like this every time a semester came to a close, a school year ended, a dance recital was finished - it's too many miles to the end. However, getting to work on some awesome projects with a plethora of different people made those daunting marathons of work progress one day at a time. We have jokes, information, memories and a life-changing experience that as an undergrad student, you only get once. When you have a great prof, a great class and things come together, I can really see how (again, cliche...but at least I'm warning you!) "the magic happens."

Will I miss the late Friday nights in the edit suites cutting clips, not eating all day because we're running to no man's land an back for a show and some of the TV divas? Yes, yes, yes (whoa, what a weird this writer is) because of the attainment of knowledge by any means possible, justifies a quiet weekend night. Won't miss the TV divas, but you'll run into them everywhere. This is a business of some of the best educated actors, and you can pull your weight or drag behind where the other team members wont' pick you up anymore. It's not about being mean (I've been in both situations) it makes you stronger. It doesn't seem real that it's done and over, but there is so much that I have taken from this semester that I wouldn't trade the world for.

I'm not fearful of the night, I'm not fearful of the technology. My greatest fear is that I don't meet my greatest potential, but that's going to get bulldozed over whether it likes it or not.

Thanks guys, it's been fun. Hope exams and the very last week of school goes well for everyone and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment