Saturday, March 24, 2012

steed.


My Saturday night soundtrack consists of my current music obsession, Steed Lord, an experimental art project group/band from Iceland.

The trio, KALI, MEGA and DEMO incorporate dance, music, photography, ornate costumes and some pretty sick choreography into their music videos.

One of my favourite choreographers (and idol) Sonya Tayeh has created the dance pieces in Steed Lord's videos, and I love seeing dancers I knew growing up in California dancing under her direction in them!

Check out one of my pick songs - a bit vocal, a bit electronic, a little dubstep and totally ethereal.

Intrigued?



I have a sneaky feeling they'll be in contact/talks/collaboration or the like with Lady Gaga soon...closer to home, you'll be hearing more of their music in my classes and choreography for the next bit.

Learn more about Steed Lord here.

No comments:

Post a Comment