Tuesday, July 12, 2011

squeeze.


Do you ever have those days when you find out something that just makes you shut down? That happened to me today.

Too often do I just wake up, make coffee, head to work and think nothing about just coming home and seeing my family and friends afterwards. But what will happen when they aren't there anymore? Anything can happen at anytime, and can hit us sideways, knocking everything we ever knew off.

I came home and just held my parents today. I'm so lucky. Yes, we have our moments, but they're here physically. I won't take that moment of coming home to my mother in the kitchen, or the smile on my friend's face as we meet for coffee for granted again.

I've said it before, every day is precious.

"Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars." -Henry Van Dyke

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment