Friday, January 21, 2011

essential.

It may be that I just watched Sex and the City 2 (which was interesting to say the least), but I could especially connect with how Carrie feels about being in a place where you need to shut yourself away from the outside world and write your heart out.

There's something really fantastic about having your apartment to yourself on a random night. I adore my roommates to pieces, but when you're running around in a city of a few million people everyday, being suddenly alone could freak you out (it did last summer) or could be the right now. I feel good, I'm content.

This also allows me with a lot of time to think - especially out loud. Lately, it's been about what I want right now. My relationships have changed, our roles in the world are becoming (hopefully) less able to walk out of, and for the first time here, I really feel like I belong. Finally, puzzle pieces are coming together.

So where do we go from here?

When I was out the other night, I was talking with a friend in radio and television arts and she asked me, "So how do you have a life?".

"I don't sleep much," I said, with a laugh.

This is the quin essential moment and process I'm going through. True, I'm busy (who isn't?) but there is a method to madness. I believe that having everything planned out and finding what I am able to do, actually allows for me to have more free time to get work done, relax, visit with friends. I'm hyper connected to work and life, but that also allows me to call my own shots on a lot of things. And well, after a bit of grunt work, that's pretty fabulous for the moment.

Even though the new year and moving on and what not, don't forget those resolutions. Perhaps by being busy, you are actually more free. Don't believe me? Give it a shot and we'll discuss.

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment