Saturday, January 29, 2011

anatomy.


Do you ever feel like your life is a little like a Grey's Anatomy episode? Not with the surgery, hot doctors (I wish) and hookups, but rather the lesson or voice of knowledge of Dr. Grey that opens and closes each flash into their world.

As much as I don't like to admit it, I've had some really bad assumptions of particular people that I have been forced to work or collaborate with, and found their help lacking - this is within all my realms of interest, dance, journalism, yoga, work and more.

But what happens when you're put out of your own context and she them doing something the obviously care about deeply? I tell you, I was so touched and surprised, when I witnessed one of my colleagues from one of my worlds in a completely different element. Perhaps we're not on the same page of getting things done in the realm we share, but their choice of words, performance and acknowledgement really threw me for a loop.

So Dr. Grey, what's your lesson? How do I accept that some let everyone down in some work, but excel so beautifully in other valleys? Should we go 50-50? All in to one? How do you decide the balance?

Just a thought to ponder this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment