Monday, October 11, 2010

giving.


Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! It feels so early every year that this Monday comes around, as I grew up in California and keep expecting a big break in November.

This might be one of those mushy, I-Thankful-for-everything-posts, but I hope that if you have been reading my blog (yay for my miniature corner of the Internet!) that I have recognized some special people, places and things in life that have helped or left a mark on me in some way. Sometimes, not everything works out. Some things fall apart so better things can fall together - most of the time, the latter happens without our knowledge.

Thank you to my amazing friends and family who have encouraged me to write and share my opinions - and still take a moment everyday to specifically visit my site. I know who you are, and it makes my heart swell when I see so many page views or someone comments on a picture I found/piece I wrote.

Here's to you wonderful people. I write for you and would love to hear more about what you want to see. There should not be such an elitist form of journalism...as I've said since my first year of university, I want the news, thoughts and information to be accessible to everyone.

Now go, have a slice of pumpkin pie and enjoy your family/friend time if you're home (lucky!) Although they might drive us crazy at times, love is really all there is, and know that there are a lot of people away from their families right now (Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., who would love to also be home with their loved ones. My heart is with you all this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:38 AM

    Fantastic picture. You're great, I love you! xx

    ReplyDelete