Sunday, August 24, 2014

toasty.

When I was a little girl, Saturday mornings were my absolutely favourite day of the week.

 I loved waking up and racing downstairs to join my brothers to watch cartoons, make brunch with my mother and often go to dance class in the afternoon.

As an adult, this weekend routine hasn't changed too much. Now I jump out of bed on weekend mornings to watch the morning news (well, sometimes...depends how late I've up the night before), and my brunch ritual has mostly stayed the same.

Vancouver is home to a plethora of amazing restaurants, especially for breakfast eats. However, to combat my addiction for good times out, I often choose to make brunch at home.

This weekend I stumbled upon the divine blog, Yummy Supper, and a French Toast sandwich recipe caught my eye immediately. I usually stay away from sweet dishes in the AM so I won't crash later on, but this one is the perfect blend of savoy with a little sugar.

My version did NOT come out pretty at all - hence, no photo - but damn, it tasted delicious.

I used nectarines, mozzarella cheese and half maple syrup and honey for a topping. The results were melt-in-your-mouth good.

Even better? You're completely satisfied after one sandwich. I argue that it's more of a sweet grilled cheese rather than French Toast...but when it tastes this good, who cares?

Cheers and Happy Sunday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment