Tuesday, August 12, 2014

robin.

Some days you wake up, things are "normal" and the cycle of the day, week and your life begins.

Some days you're sitting in front of your computer dealing with business as usual.

Some days, everything changes.

Robin Williams died yesterday afternoon. For whatever reason, I felt a huge shift in the energy, people and perception of people around me and online.

Having grown up watching movies like "Hook", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Dead Poets Society" and many, many more, I feel like I lost a piece of my childhood yesterday. I feel like this is a death as huge as Michael Jackson's - we'll be feeling this sting for a long time.

True, I never knew the man personally, but I do know that we drove by Williams' home in San Francisco by accident - perhaps that was it. He was just like us, living in a normal house with his kids, going to the same stores, whatever.

Today was interesting. Today I woke up and it was raining for the first time in many, many weeks. It was almost like the nature around us was taking a day to mourn as well.

Just a thought. Rest in Peace Robin Williams. Thank you for so many laughs and beautiful memories from your art and craft.

"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change this world." -Dead Poets Society

No comments:

Post a Comment