Saturday, January 11, 2014

boom.

I'm very lucky to be surrounded by some strong, independent and very creative women in Vancouver.

Last night, I had the opportunity to partake in a "Goddess Circle" by my good friends and colleague, Karoline of Divinity Bones Yoga.

It was pounding rain, but as women from all walks of life entered the RoofTop Yoga studio, it felt like all my troubles washed away.

After our practice, we spoke quite a bit about what we wanted to achieve over the next year. Having just made a major change in my life and moving to another city, I was stumped and had a moment of doubt:

"What else can I do this year? What do I really want?"

I won't lie, I may have looked calm on the outside, but I was stressing hardcore on the inside.

Then it hit me...I want to work stronger, not harder, at everything.

I want to do work that matters and makes a difference - whether that's in dance, social media, writing, teaching, etc., I want to do good work, not just things that pass people by.

Yes, this will be a challenge and I might not be able to do it at full capacity right away (girl has gotta have money to eat man!) BUT, I can start putting those actions into place.

My mantra for 2014: "I wanted to to do it, so I did."

Boom. Let's do this. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment