Wednesday, June 5, 2013

shades.

'Twas the night before my next big show...
While having coffee with a friend visiting Toronto, everything I am a part of relly really hit me. Tomorrow, I will perform in a multi-media production with over 50 performers, and we've almost sold out tickets based through our presale. 

After struggling and dancing for years, pining for people to come to shows, it's amazing to be part of a show that people are dying to see. 

As a fresh choreographer, this is a huge platform for my work to be seen. Last night in dress rehearsal, several colleagues came to me and said how much they admired my pieces. I am truly, truly touched, and hope the public enjoys my choreography as well. 

To my students, peers, teachers, artistic director, friends and family who have all taken the time and energy to support this production in your own way - thank you. 

Especially to my parents, even though they physically can't be here, were ears and eyes in their own way. They believed in me way back when I was six-years-old as a cat on stage doing jazz squares in dance recitals. We've come a long way Mom and Dad!  

My dancing is dedicated to you all. 

Time for rest and mental preparation - tomorrow is the night we've been waiting six months for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment