Tuesday, June 25, 2013

rocks.

Whew, needless to say, the last few days here have been nothing short of eventful! 

Over the past week I have experienced some of the craziest highs and lows of this moving process - there was literally one point where I truly wasn't sure if was going to happen. 

Even though I hit a bump in the road, I'll be B.C.-bound this weekend! 

Throughout my packing process, I've come across several pieces from my time in Toronto that have been a part of my clothing, home and memoir collection. Last summer when I was moving into this apartment, I actually couldn't find one of my most valuable items - my demo footage from my TV internship in Kelowna during 2011. 

I remember tearing my old room apart - literally. Alas, those DVD's where nowhere to be seen. For a good year, I have given up that I would ever find them. 

Last week when I was packing up and giving away bits and pieces I didn't want to move/ship, I loaded a small box with items and put them out on the curb. I left to have dinner that evening with friends, and put moving out of my mind. 

When I got home, I saw the box and bent down to pick it up. It wasn't truly empty, inside were two CD's. 

My demo tapes! 

Needless to say, what is lost can definitely be found. Especially when you least expect it. 

I have uploaded everything to YouTube - check out the playlist of all my stories here.

Below is my favourite report about the Art Rocks Competition in Kelowna during June 2011. It's amazing to see how much my reporting grew not only over that internship, but also over the past two years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment