Sunday, June 23, 2013

holes.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy. Nothing in life is easy. 

But that's no reason to give up. 

You'll be surprised what you can accomplish if you set your mind to it. 

After all, you have only one life, so you should try to make the most of it. 

- Holes, by Louis Sachar 



I truly could not have stumbled upon this quote at a better time. Better my last dance performance in Toronto last night (which was incredible!) and encountering an obstacle in my moving process, it's a great reminder to "LLL." 

LLL is my mother's saying - "live your life large." 

There are always going to be things out of our control, things will do wrong and well, life happens. 

However, if nothing else, since the day I arrived in Toronto five years ago to now has been an incredible learning experience. 

I've made some of my best friends for life, incredible connections and have had the opportunity to perform and dance again after thinking that life was finished for me. I've had the opportunity to travel and see New York City, Montreal, Niagara Falls,and various parts of Ontario while living here.Living here has broken down any walls I had, and now I'm not afraid to pick up my bags, jump on a bus, plane or train and just go. 

This is just the beginning. Toronto, thank you for being a huge chapter of my life. You'll be bookmarked, for sure! 

Next stop - Vancouver! 

No comments:

Post a Comment