Thursday, June 13, 2013

playlist.

NXNE is a milestone in the classic Toronto summer. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was running around covering it. This year, NXNE is making me nostaligic.

I started reviewing concerts and albums for The Take Media during the summer of 2010. I trekked all over the city watching rock, indie, metal and pop shows and writing whatever I thought about the band, the performance and most importantly, the music.

Even though I've put my pen down as a music writer to pursue other projects, (although, I'll never say never if the opportunity comes up again), I'm finding myself drifting back into this world again.

I can't get enough of classic rock and new electronic music. I'm wearing clothing that my friends say makes me look like a roadie or disco queen. I'm inspired by the music, persona's and lifestyles of ages past that I want to tap into for a new dance project this fall.

Hey, just like Penny Lane said, "it's all happening."

With that, here's my refresher playlist of songs I'm loving when I come up for air out of my rock-heavy world. Think new Daft Punk, lounge beats and some oldies thrown in for good taste.

Enjoy.

June 2013  by pfav on Grooveshark


No comments:

Post a Comment