Wednesday, June 8, 2011

feedback.


My friends, I have an idea.

As you may have guessed, I follow a lot of dance blogs, websites, magazines and podcasts. With choreography, I'm always people watching, and more than once have been inspired by some small movement I've seen someone do with their hand absentmindedly when they cross the street.

The other day I found a piece about an even called Feedback in L.A., which hosted a dance class to live music. Besides just having a live band, there were also painters, a poet, photographer and a videographer there feeding off the energy and capturing the experience. What a realm of art, inspiration and energy to come together!

After reading this article, I immediately thought that I needed to make this happen. Here. Now.

So here's step one. I'm going to try to make this happen in Kelowna.

The first word that came to my mind was how interesting it was that all these worlds of art were colliding. Appropriately, I think colliding and collaborating would be the theme of this. Thus, maybe the name should be COLLIDE KELOWNA. (Good? Bad? I want something cool sounding, I'm still working on this).

Let's look at some dates - this would be a bit to put together, so I'm going to shoot for August sometime after the long weekend. A two-hour dance class to live music with other artists there, followed by a networking session (and perhaps tea?)

Am I crazy? CouId I really make this happen?

I think I might be just that much out of my mind to want to attempt to. My lovely friend and Kelowna partner in crime is going to help me.

Therefore, I need your help. Are you/do you know someone interesting in the arts looking to get exposure? Have them contact me at plfavro@yahoo.com

This may be a process, but I think interesting nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment