Monday, June 6, 2011

canucks.


My little blue and green heart hurts a bit tonight after that loss. I'm not going to make this anything to do with rival teams, as I have good friends who support both the Canucks and the Bruins each.

What I want to talk about is hope.

Today, I was sent to an elementary school to shoot a story about kids celebrating Canucks Day. I've been a little sick of how rude some people have been about the Canucks and making everything so dramatic. When people get aggressive, I step out and hate being involved with them.

As we drove up to this school, a sea of kids started to cheer. They had face paint, flags, jersey's and the biggest smiles I've ever seen. Their principal, in an over sized jersey, ran out to meet us, lined up her students and started to shout the iconic "Go Canucks Go!" Parents stood around, some holding babies (adorned with face paint as well), dying their kid's hair colours and letting us interview their sons and daughters for our story.

Seeing how excited these kids were - and heck, how much they knew about the game, players and how many matches they thought there would be- totally changed my attitude. They care so much for this team, their province and their pride.

No matter who wins, this will be a great series. Look how it has brought so many fans together, young and old.

Makes me think, there must be the same thing going on in Boston. How cool is that?

Maybe next time you think about throwing a mean blow at someone, think of the kids. This is a treat, don't let the drama take over. Remember, it's just a game. It's the people that count, and there's always another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment