Wednesday, April 20, 2011

luxury.

This has been a great, low-key week so far getting work done, practicing lots of yoga and spending time with friends in-between study sessions. It hit me yesterday when I was reading my book with a hot cup of tea by my side how long its been since I've done just nothing. They say that the Italians do it best, and I'm slowly working on my personal version of the "il dolce far niente" or "the sweetness of doing nothing".

With this chill-out time, I've had the luxury of surfing through my blog reel and sites to find some fun websites and things to show you.

Here's what I'm loving this month...

Finally, an easy YouTube tutorial to do a fishtail braid.

So Damn True: Twitter account of the moment, every tweet is right on.

Dreaming of summer, lemonade and clear skies. Apartment Therapy has some great outside living ideas.

It's still in its early stages, but Lauren Conrad's site, The Beauty Department is adorable and relevant!

The best app for my iPhone -Drink Owl. Helps you find drink specials and liquor stores/hours.

Although it's raining outside, I change just feel the sweetness of life in the air. My apologies for being all ethereal, but the end of school and work has given me a lust for life that I haven't had for a long time.

Having the time to enjoy the city, people around you and time in your head is a luxury. Try to enjoy one of these moments daily, even if it's just the time to let your hair air dry or phoning a friend who's far away.

PS - I have been experiencing some major technical issues with the Blogger platform and will be in the midst of changing things a bit. My apologies for the lack of achieves and recommended posts. Not sure what's going on, but looking into some options to get things fixed. Thanks for hanging with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment