Monday, April 25, 2011

lulu.


You know those Lululemon bags that everyone uses for lunches and shopping with the mantra on them? I feel like I have gotten so used to seeing them that I actually forgot the words on the side. In particular, based on the actions from the past few weeks, this one has really stuck out to me:

"Friends are more important than money".

So simple, yet, why is this so hard for some to get their heads around?

At the end of the day, it's not the stuff we surround yourself with, the perfect apartment, the perfect diet food, etc. It's the people who warm the home, pick up the pieces and come spend a holiday with you.

With Easter weekend, many university students are away from their families, especially if they are from out of the province. This is the part of our lives in which we're starting to host, celebrate and attend these sentimental events that we grew up with - but perhaps not at home, and with new family.

My roomies and I had the honour to host a few ladies for this weekend, with everyone bringing something to contribute, setting the table, using matching silverware and enjoying the day. True, it wasn't Mom's homemade feast, but for students, it was pretty darn lovely. As we are finishing and entering upon our final (or close to) years of school, it is becoming more and more apparent that we are no longer students, but rather young adults living a city life.

I'm so excited for the future and not scared anymore. We can do this. True, I'm turning into my mother and using her swear words while cooking, but it's comforting at the same time. This is a huge mountain on the journey of life, and I'm so lucky to have good friends to support me and take the trip with me.

Here's a wicked video from Marie Claire magazine about their special for hosting holidays. I definitely took a note or too from this and am planning the same for this year's Thanksgiving celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment