Saturday, April 9, 2011

bicycles.


Opening note: the are few things more lovely than sunshine streaming in through translucent white curtains in the morning.

This past week was insane - two concerts, a presentation, test and essay due. I'm running into another full weekend of work, but it's good to know that the worst was over. However, I just can't shake this feeling that time is running away from me faster than I can keep up.

We all experience change. It may be as substancial, like moving across the country. Medium-sized, such as changing apartments. Or petite, such as listening to the newest music on your iPod.

But this year, I'm feeling change even more than ever. I'm realizing that this may be one of the last summers to do a lot of things before having to really join the real world.

I found a great quote this morning, "Life is like riding a bicycle. In order to keep balance, you must keep moving." Not sure why, but this has just stuck to me all day and is making me really reassess decisions and options that are available professionally and personally in the realms of my life.

Change is the pacer of life, we're always going to experience it, and whether it's with closed or open arms, it's still there. This is the time of my life that I've decided to focus completely on the present and not let the weight of the future fall to hard on my head. There's always tomorrow, yes, but what about today? Who knows when the sun will shine again.

I'll take this as my leave to go out and enjoy the sunshine. All the best with the final push of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment