Thursday, December 23, 2010

top10.

The top 10 things/events/people/whatever of the year lists have been released, you've probably seen a few newspapers and magazines proclaiming "Best Dressed" and "Song of the Year", etc. But in our own worlds, what are the top actions and events in our lives? We're all affected by similar things depending on where we are geographically, but there's also the personal things that have changed our lives, perhaps forever.

My girlfriends are my rocks. A few years ago when I moved to Kelowna, who would have thought I would meet such amazing people who know me inside and out? I moved to Toronto two years ago, and came back with the same - I can't imagine my life without these strong, interesting and fun women literally from coast to coast.

Looking back at this year, there were definitely some bumps for all of us. We fell in love, fell apart, got our hearts broken and unfortunately shut down others for not feeling the same about them. We always wanted what we couldn't get. Sometimes when we got what we thought we wanted, things didn't work out as perfectly as we had planned for them to be. Our schooling and education goals changed, we saw parts of world people only dream of, but still had time to hang out in familiar underground bars with friends. As each of our world's spun around us, we stepped out momentarily to reconnect and jump back in.

Mostly this year, I saw love really bloom. Although we plan to be the inceperible group of crazy women forever, we are growing up. Men, clothes and parties are going to come and go, but the winds are changing.

I know it's not totally correct, but I'm leaving the rest of this to Percy Bysshe Shelley. 2010 has been a roller coaster of a year, for better or worse. I'm still stuck on some things and have totally discarded others. It's been a big year of learning who I am as a person, and who I want to be.

Ode To The West Wind

I

O wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn's being,
Thou, from whose unseen presence the leaves dead
Are driven, like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing,

Yellow, and black, and pale, and hectic red,
Pestilence-stricken multitudes: 0 thou,
Who chariotest to their dark wintry bed

The wingèd seeds, where they lie cold and low,
Each like a corpse within its grave,until
Thine azure sister of the Spring shall blow

Her clarion o'er the dreaming earth, and fill
(Driving sweet buds like flocks to feed in air)
With living hues and odours plain and hill:

Wild Spirit, which art moving everywhere;
Destroyer and Preserver; hear, O hear!



No comments:

Post a Comment