Monday, September 27, 2010

playlist3.


I know I already did a playlist this month, but being back in school and writing more frequently seems to get my creative juices flowing like crazy. When that happens, I need good music. Here's a more low-key playlist that I've been using for my writing sprees...some are even bands that I've now discovered (and loved) from writing with The Take Media!

"Happy" - Tracy Chapman
"Boy with a Coin" - Iron and Wine
"Slow Dancing in a Burning Room"- John Mayer
"Hey Man!" - Nelly Furtado
"Jameila" - Caribou
"A Thousand Beautiful Things" - Annie Lennox
"In For The Kill (Skreams Lets Get Ravey Mix)" - La Roux
"Pokerface" - The Vitamin String Quartet's Tribute to Lady Gaga
"Each Moment New" - Lou Rhodes
"Bowls" - Caribou

*Actually, go download Caribou's album, Swim. I've been obsessed with them for awhile, and after seeing them live, I feel like I had an out of body experience and just can't get enough of them.

Also - wondering what song is playing when you come to my little corner of the Internet? It's "Angelica" by Lamb (my most favourite artist for years, and continues to be).

I realize that this is a heavy mix of older songs, but some things just get better with age. Let me know what your favourites are, and what you're interested in seeing more of!

Stay tuned this week for a couple of entertaining posts coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment