Saturday, January 2, 2010

miles.

Some years, things are different. Christmas and the holiday season are usually when we spend time with those we love - and we fall in love with those moments had then over and over again, even after we have moved back into reality. This year, my family was literally spread around the world. One brother in India, one in Slovakia, and a result of plumbing, my father in BC and my mother and I together in Ontario, all on Christmas day. However, like a storybook, we were all somewhat united for a moment even with miles splitting us apart (my father made it to Goderich on Christmas night) we touched base and connected as a unit for one day through the use of the Internet (thank you Skype!).

Lesson learned even though having heard it so often before: tell people you love them appreciate them whenever you can. They might be gone, you might lose the Internet signal, or they might be miles away with the world coming down on them at times. Life's moments are precious, and I know that sounds so cliche, but I never really understood its importance until living it.

I can't wait to hold my brothers in my arms again. Can't wait to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment