Tuesday, January 19, 2010

faith.

As I go through the Canadian post-secondary system, I constantly contemplate what I want to do with my life and where I want to be someday.

Those who know me know what it changes daily. Yes, I still want to be a journalist, but there are other ideas as well.

Today: Move somewhere to live with the monks and practice yoga all the time. I wrote about this in summer 2009, and taking a yoga class tonight really reminded me how much I love the ideas and base of the practice. It's interesting in movies and other mediums of popular culture that yoga and modern dance (my two great loves!) can be ridiculed and laughed at. Not going to lie, the first time I took classes of either sort, I looked at the teachers talking to me about energy and all these ethereal concepts and thinking, "Seriously? WTF?".

However, through experience in both sports and other practices, I have moved on to teaching my own classes - and have found myself saying that same things that my teachers told me. It's because it's true. When you immerse yourself so immensely into an art or craft, you finally can understand. I know you might feel so weird and odd at first, but put more faith, and things will work out. If they don't - it's not the end, it's just the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment