Tuesday, October 18, 2011

urban.

You may have seen me Tweet quite a bit last week about getting my graduation photos done and also participating in a dance photo shoot. It's super important for both dancers and TV reporters to have updated head shots, and my lovely friend Katie Engqvist was generous enough to take time out of her busy schedule to take some photos of me!

We are working on a photo project called "The Urban Dancer", which takes the dancer out of our natural enviornment (the studio, theatre, etc.) and puts them in the city of Toronto.

I'm so excited to be a part of this project and work with a talented photographer - they know our angles, movement and can see a cool shot perfectly. Katie is fantastic and one of my favourite photographers I've worked with over the years of modelling for dance photos, I would recommend her in a heartbeat.

By popular request, here's a few of my new head shots and sprinkling of dance photos we took. Let me know what your favourites are, and if you know somewhere cool in Toronto that would be good for shots, let us know!

Some Urban Dancer shots:




And an outtake for good measure:
This feels so weird uploading pictures of myself - I guess that's what the fashion bloggers do...hmm.

Check out Katie's site here for contact information and more photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment