Thursday, April 7, 2016

portiavsnature.

Portia versus Nature. Day 9.

Today I drove home from the dance studio in a truck, flabbergasted at the sunset glowing behind the mountians that surrounded me (literally 180 degrees) while the radio played country music.

How am I?

Yes, that's the Portia you all know. She's still in there.

Today was the first one since I arrived in Northern B.C. that I put on eye makeup and really properly did my hair (I had a video call with a client - girl's gotta look professional) - but there's something very interesting about stepping away from the "mask" we wear in the city.

I've learned a lot of things since I've been up here.

I've always been comfortable spending time along and always make a point to have "me" time, especially when my jobs are so social and interaction-based.

There's a whole different kind of solo adventure that happened to me this time - one I imagine some must have when they're travelling to a country by themselves.

But this solo-adventure has been in a low-stress situation, sharing my knowledge and trying new things each day. Without the added work of a different language, or customs, I've really found a place to settle in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment