Friday, March 14, 2014

blossom.

Well...hey there Friday.

Spring has always been both my favourite and most hated season (and not just because of allergies).

When I was in university, it signalled the end of school and my structured routine.

Even when I was a kid, I loved having all my ducks in a row and knowing what each week looked like ahead of time. I hated change.

But there are little things I've always loved about spring - the extra couple hours of sunlight, rising temperatures and impromptu social gatherings which creep up more often.

Over the past year, my life has been completely flipped upside down, thrown around BUT actually landed right-side up.

Being my own boss and working with a plethora of different people (and in the social media forum itself) makes every week completely unpredictable. Heck, it makes every single day a challenge.

Throwing my sense of control out the window actually gave me the skills to create the life I wanted, not just what others thought it should be.

Talk about a spring awakening.

Maybe I'll look back at this time as the "spring" season of my life. Maybe not. Either way, I'm running with the transition and stopping to smell the the cherry blossoms along the way.

Just a thought. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment