Sunday, December 29, 2013

timing.

Man, it's true. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I've been very lucky to have the time to catch up with friends who are living all over the world, take in some classic winter activities and spend quality time with my family.

As I pack my bags and get ready to head back to Vancouver tomorrow, I can't help but get that ping in my stomach.

I feel (and know) it's time to go, but am sad to leave. I feel like I only just got here. 

My family gave up doing a big Christmas a few years ago when my brothers and I were living across the Canada and Europe. The fact that we were all in the same town was a big deal, and we decided to keep our "no presents" traiditon.

Here comes the cheesey life lesson bit, but really, the greatest gift we've had is time. 

It's a luxury - only a week off here, a couple days free there...for someone to give me the gift of their time is enormous. Take and run with it my friends.

It's been a treat Kelowna...but back to Vancouver I go! There's lots on the go these first few months of 2014 - check out more below:  

Army of Sass Vancouver Winter Session 
Starts January 20 
The Dance Centre (677 Davie Street) - 7PM

The Lovers Cabaret Presents: The Lovers of Marley 
Thursday, February 6 and Saturday, February 8
The Rickshaw Theatre (254 East Hastings Street) - 7:30PM 

Social Media 101 for Business - Sexy and Wealthy in Heels 
Wednesday, February 12
Rhodes Wellness College (1125 Howe Street) - 6:30PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment