Wednesday, December 4, 2013

afterglow.

After spending half of the week between the dance studio, working in coffee shops with my computer and massaging out sore muscles (ahhh, the life of an entrepreneur...I love it, I do!) I'm sitting back this evening and taking a moment.

Every couple of months or so, this article pops up on my social media feeds about being a professional dancer. I used to just pass it by, but I now find that it's a good piece to read and check in with.

This point struck a chord with me this afternoon:

There might not be a tomorrow. 
A dancer never knows when their dance career will suddenly vanish. 
A company folds, career-ending injury, car accident...death. 
Dance every day as if it is the final performance. 
Don't save the joy of dance for the stage. Infuse even your routine classroom exercises with passion. 

Noted.

This is totally unrelated, but this piece of music is another piece of my dance puzzle. The entire dance and performance experience has so many elements to it - music is obviously one of the key ones.

This is currently on repeat at the moment...it also may or may not be making an appearance in my upcoming show, High Heel Revolution this weekend. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment