Monday, December 2, 2013

2014.

June 8, 2012. 

That morning, I walked across the stage in my cap and gown to receive my Bachelor of Journalism. 

That afternoon, I held my parent's hands, threw my arms around good friends and celebrated booking my first journalism gig post-university. 

That evening, I stood onstage next to 30 beautiful, incredible dancers with my parents, friends and colleagues watching us perform in the "Electronic Cabaret". 

There are days that change you. This was one of them. 

Over the last year and a half, I've decided to march, walk and dance to the beat of my drum, study the classics, break some of the rules and write my own. 

While chatting with some friends, I realized how much I've learned. It's not been an easy year by any means, and picking up and leaving all my connections, life and the city I truly loved wasn't a decision I made lightly. 

But here we are. December 2, 2013. I'm absolutely thrilled to have so many women in Kelowna learning how to stomp it out and release their inner Beyonce's every week with the Army of Sass. The Vancouver dance industry is small, competitive but full of talent, and people who are freaking hungry. 

In the words of Destiny's Child - I'm gonna make it. I'm gonna work harder. Keep on survivin'. (I may or may not still be humming everything Beyonce post-concert). 

As 2013 comes to a close...thank you. I've learned what I want, met the people I don't want to be like and am ready to take the next steps.

Boom. 2014, let's do this. 

But first...I'm performing in Kelowna for the first time since 2008 (eeeee!) Do you have your tickets yet? Santa Baby! is debuting December 12 at 7PM and 9:30PM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment